Sandra Wilburn assists fund managers in developing and executing fund offerings and managing ongoing fund operations. She also advises institutional investors, state pension plans, investment managers, private investment funds and other institutional investors regarding investments in private equity, venture capital, hedge funds and assorted other alternative investment funds. In addition, she represents buyers and sellers of private fund interests in the secondary market.
Sandra’s private fund experience includes:
• Represents a pooled investment fund manager in connection with the formation of multiple funds with aggregate capital commitments over $300 million.
• Represents institutional investors in connection with various investments, both domestic and foreign, in private investment funds of all types.
• Represents institutional investors in their purchases of limited partnership interests in private investment funds in secondary market transactions.
• Represented a private equity fund sponsor in the formation, offering and SBIC licensing of an investment fund with $400 million in capital commitments.
• Represented a global asset management firm in a secondary market transaction involving 50 selling entities and approximately 400 interests in 125 domestic and foreign private equity funds.
• Represented a private equity sponsor in raising over $150 million of capital commitments for multiple real estate-focused funds.